We’ve been quite busy here working on Agent Toast addressing the feedback, questions and concerns from our early adopters.
We’d like to thank everyone who has taken the time to use the system to sync Toggl and FreeAgent, and then send feedback that will helps us trouble shoot the little problems that can occur in early-stage projects such as this.
In this post I’m going to outline some of the most significant changes to the Agent Toast with the aid of a couple of a screen shots.
Import Projects and Clients from FreeAgent
If you’ve never used Toggl, or perhaps you have had to create a new Toggl account and don’t want to have to grow through the painful process of replicating all your projects from FreeAgent, we’ve created a tool to do this automatically.
Not only will it replicate the projects in Toggl, but it will also optionally add the client too. If this is successful, it will then automatically create the necessary mapping in Agent Toast between the (new) Toggl project and previously existing FreeAgent project.
To find this functionality, go to the Toggl menu at the top and look at the first section ‘Auto Create Projects’.
For each FreeAgent project that isn’t mapped to a Toggl project, you will have a drop-down box as shown in the image above. Consider the 2 options:
- ‘Create both Client (Company) and Project in Toggl‘ – as you know with Toggl, each project can have a client assigned to it. This further distinguishes projects from each other meaning you can have 2 projects of identical names but assigned to disparate clients. With this selection, you create a Project-Client pair in Toggl, and map it to the corresponding Project-Company combination in FreeAgent
- ‘Create only the Project in Toggl‘ – in this case only the project name in FreeAgent is used to create the project in Toggl. A client name is neither created nor assigned to the project in Toggl. Again, a mapping is made between the newly created project in Toggl, and the Project-Company combination in FreeAgent.
Separate Import and Undo pages
In order to reduce confusion for the user, and complexity for the development, we’ve separated the Import and Undo facilities. You can now find the undo facility from a sub-menu under the Dashboard menu item (as shown in the image below).
Several Bug Fixes
We’ve fixed a few bugs including:
- corruption of user account details upon password change in some cases.
- attempting to import time slips of Zero length and greater than 24hours fails (we prevent the import)
- sometimes the import function would result in a website time-out
- other minor system bugs.
If you’re experiencing any other problems not mentioned here, please feel free to contact us and let us know.